The Energy Cities team is growing!
By on 3 April 2017
Francisco Gonçalves is our new project manager to support the Brussels based team, from 3rd of April on.
Francisco holds a MSc in Environmental Engineering and is PMP (Project Management Professional) and IPMVP (International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol) certified. He has a strong experience in urban sustainable management - energy efficiency and renewable energy, and gained strong technical skills in the fields of Smart Cities, energy efficiency, low carbon energy production and urban water cycle management in Lisbon’s Environment and Energy Agency – Lisboa E-Nova; where he spent the last eight years of his career.
Main activities developed in Lisboa E-Nova:
- EU project coordinator for the areas of Sustainable Energy Management (Smart Cities, Energy efficiency and low carbon energy production – solar energy) and Climate Change (mitigation);
- Energy and Environmental local advisor for the Municipality of Lisbon (buildings and public street lighting);
- Energy Performance Contracting;
- Measurement and Verification expert;
- EU funding programmes manager (Horizon 2020, INTERREG EUROPE, INTERREG MED, INTERREG SUDOE, LIFE, 7th FP).
In Energy Cities, Francisco will coordinate and manage European projects, incl. project strategic orientation, building trustful relationships with the consortium of project partners coming from various European countries, taking advantage of all the experience gained working at local level in Lisbon.
Come and meet him in Stuttgart!