Aberdeen 2015: Registration for Energy Cities' Conference is open!
By on 29 January 2015
Cities eco-driving local development
Many European cities are facing globalisation and the economic crisis while following the linear “take-make-consume and dispose” pattern of growth. What role can and do local authorities play in doing things differently to foster community resilience?
Decentralised and municipally-owned energy, new production and consumption patterns, urban agriculture, local currencies, new forms of cooperation…the means are manifold and exciting. In Aberdeen, European local authorities will share examples of successful energy transition projects, the new business models they are based on and their positive impact on the local economy.
The energy sector has been driving Aberdeen’s economy for a long time. This makes it an inspiring place to invite political leaders and local representatives from all over Europe to meet and exchange.
Join us in Aberdeen on 22-24 April! You will get the opportunity to
- discover examples of successful energy transition projects,
- listen to inspiring speeches,
- learn more about Aberdeen’s energy transition,
- find answers to specific questions thanks to our Help Desk session,
- discuss the role local authorities should have in a new energy system...
- and of course, meet peers from all over Europe and network!
The 2015 conference will also be marking Energy Cities’ 25th Anniversary, a celebration of a quarter of a century of networking between cities, testing and sharing their own energy transition paths!