"2050 starts today" - Energy Cities Conference 2017
By on 6 December 2016
|Energy transitioners, save the date! 26-28 April 2017|
What? Energy Cities’ Annual Conference
Where? Stuttgart, Germany.
In 2017, Energy Cities’ Conference will be hosted by the German city of Stuttgart, well-known for its industrial activity as well as for its foresighted climate and energy policy. In a region which can be considered the birthplace of the German energy transition (Energiewende), Stuttgart will serve as a learning place on the societal, cultural, economic and technological shifts that come with the energy transition in Europe.
How fit are cities and their national governments for taking effective action towards a 2050 low-carbon roadmap? Are they making policy choices that favour stakeholder involvement for a stronger energy democracy, transfer of competences to the local level and monetary flows towards more local and low-carbon projects?
The 3D - Democratisation, Devolution and Divestment - will be our key issues during the three days featuring:
- 50 interactive sessions to question, debate and learn from peers
- 2 inspiring talks to think big
- 1 plenary debate focusing on the Energiewende: export hit or slow seller?
- 1 Mayors session to build a stronger, more local Energy Union
- Knowledge transfer from Stuttgart: storytelling by Lord Mayor Fritz Kuhn and site visits
Enjoy meeting and exchanging with your peers!
Be surprised by unconventional practices!
And… take time to think out of the box!
Registration will open soon on www.energy-cities.eu/stuttgart2017! Stay tuned ;-)
Contact: Nathalie Moroge